This bread is completely keto! And it doesn’t taste eggy at all like some keto breads.
Made with almond flour, coconut oil, grass-fed butter and just a bit of xanthan gum, this bread holds together nicely so you can slice it easily. It toasts well, or use it for sammies! If you don’t want even a hint of coconut flavour you can use a neutral-tasting coconut oil.
Works out to 165 healthy calories per slice when you slice it into 16 pieces!
Adjust Servings 16
- 7 Large Eggs
- 2 cups Almond Flour
- 1/2 cup Grass-fed butter (melted)
- 2 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Xanthan gum
- Step 1 Preheat the oven to 355 degrees. Line an 8-inch x 4-inch loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Step 2 Put the eggs in a bowl and beat on high for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Step 3 Add the melted butter and coconut oil into the eggs and beat until smooth.
- Step 4 Add the almond flour, baking powder, xanthan gum, and salt to the eggs, butter, and oil. Beat until combined. Batter will be thick.
- Step 5 Scrape into the prepared loaf pan lined. Place in the middle of the oven and bake for 45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when poked into the middle.
- Step 6 Slice by slicing loaf in half and then slice each half into halves until you have 16 slices. The bread should be stored in the fridge in a sealed container. It should last about a week in the fridge or a month in the freezer.