I make this using Bulletproof Coffee, but you can use your favorite coffee – just stay away from flavored coffee as they may contain added sugar. I make extra coffee the day before, cool it and then pop it in a covered ice cube tray and put it in the freezer!
Adding Bulletproof MCT Oil to the smoothie gives you an extra “brain boost” and has many health benefits, but you can leave it out if you wish.
If you want a thicker smoothie you can take a few extra minutes to thicken it with either Chia seeds or Xanthan Gum. The benefit of adding chia seeds is that they are a fantastic source of Omega 3s, but if you prefer your smoothie on the thin side just leave these out!
If you prefer to make this dairy-free you can sub in Nutpods Unsweetened Dairy-Free Creamer instead of heavy whipping cream.
I prefer to use organic vanilla extract as opposed to imitation vanilla extract because it just makes it taste richer, but imitation vanilla extract will also work.
As for sweeteners, I like to use stevia such as Pyure Stevia Sweetener, but you can use an erythritol granular sweetener such as Swerve if you wish. OR, if you prefer you can use a liquid sweetener such as SweetLeaf Sweet Drops. Just remember that it takes much much less liquid sweetener than a granular sweetener so add just a little at a time until it is to your taste!
As always check all labels & make sure there’s no added sugar in your ingredients.
- 5 Frozen ice cubes Bulletproof Coffee or your fave coffee (Total of 3.75 oz )
- 1.5 cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 tbsp Bulletproof MCT Oil
- 2 tbsp Heavy whipping cream (For dairy-free sub Nutpods Unsweetened Dairy-Free Creamer)
- 1 tsp Organic vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp Pyure Stevia Sweetener or you fave Keto sweetener (To taste)
- 0 1 tbsp chia seeds OR use 1/4 to 1/2 tsp Xanthun Gum (Chia seeds will take an extra 6-8 min. to thicken)
- Step 1 Freeze coffee in an ice cube tray for at least 4 hours.
- Step 2 Add all ingredients to a blender. Blend til smooth.
- Step 3 Pour in your fave smoothie container & enjoy!
- Step 4 If you can wait 6 minutes, Chia seeds will do a good job of thickening the smoothie after you blend it. Or you can just use Xanthan Gum – it’s keto-friendly & will thicken up this smoothie nicely!