Warning: THIS is Hot and Spicy!
This version is a healthier alternative to Buffalo Wings using boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs. Make it with homemade Buffalo Sauce and homemade Blue Cheese Dip OR you can use Keto-Friendly purchased sauce/dip.
Serve over riced cauliflower with blue cheese dip. On the side add veggie sticks such as celery, jicama ( you will want to avoid carrots as these are a bit higher in carbs) or serve with coleslaw made using blue cheese dip.
Another alternative is to serve over toasted keto-friendly buns spread with a bit of blue cheese or top with blue cheese dip!
- For InstantPot version: Add the chicken, ½ cupwater, salt and pepper into the Instant Pot, close lid and pressure valve and cook for 20 minutes. Use quick-release to release the pressure.
- For the skillet version: Heat the oil in a large skillet on medium heat. Put the chicken into the skillet and add salt and pepper. Cook for 5 minutes. Turn the chicken. Add ¾ cup water and cover with a tight lid for 7-10 minutes until chicken is completely cooked (165 degrees on a meat thermometer).
- Once the chicken is cooked place in a large bowl and use 2 forks to shred.
- You will have broth remaining in the skillet or InstantPot, you can reserve it in the fridge to use for other recipes.
- Add the buffalo sauce into the bowl with the chicken. Mix to combine the chicken and sauce.
- Serve with blue cheese dip on the side and veggie sticks such as celery, jicama or carrots (in moderation as these are a bit higher in carbs). Or serve with Coleslaw made using blue cheese dip.