Yields: 4 Servings Difficulty: Easy Prep Time: 5 Mins Cook Time: 20 Mins Total Time: 25 Mins
Serve on its own or pair with a keto roll. This soup is filling enough to have for dinner! I love it with homemade bone broth but you can use commercially available broth if you wish.
- Dice onion and celery.
- In a skillet add butter, onion, celery, salt, and pepper. Cook over medium heat until the onions are translucent.
- While the onions and celery are cooking, chop the broccoli into very small (bite-size) pieces. Remember to stir the onions and celery so they don't burn or brown too much.
- Add the broccoli to the onions and celery and continue to cook for 3-4 minutes until the broccoli is soft and a brighter green.
- Put a large saucepan or stockpot over medium-high heat and add the cooked broccoli, onions, and celery mixture plus the bone broth and heavy whipping cream. Stir.
- Once the soup has boiled, reduce the temperature to medium. Slowly add the cheese and stir until melted.
- After the cheese is melted, add in the Xanthan gum and remove the pot from the heat. Stir until soup thickens.
- Serve warm and enjoy!