This yummy and decadent ice cream tastes just like traditional ice cream. It’s very easy to make and you don’t need an ice cream maker! It only takes 20 minutes to make but you will need to freeze it at least 4-6 hours!
This ice cream freezes very hard so we like to either put it in popsicle molds. We use small ones as this is VERY decedent. OR, we wait until it is just frozen and scoop into muffin liners and then put all the scoops into a container!
- In a saucepan combine and place over medium heat: coconut milk (full fat - not coconut drink), sweetener of choice, and salt. Use either an immersion blender or a whisk and mix until fully blended.
- Add the xanthan gum a sprinkle at a time and continue to blend until it is fully incorporated and there are no lumps. Remove from heat and allow the mixture to cool completely.
- Pour the whipping cream into a cold mixing bowl and whip until soft peaks have formed. Add in the vanilla and mint extracts, food colouring (optional), and the heated mixture (make sure it has cooled completely). If you are using (optional) alcohol, blend this in too. Your mix should be pourable if it is too thick add some extra coconut milk a little at a time.
- Add in the stevia-sweetened chocolate chips and stir to combine.
- Pour the mix into a container that has a lid that seals tightly. Put it into the freezer until it is frozen. If you freeze more than 6 hours you will need to let the ice cream soften for 10 minutes or so before scooping. Alternatively, you can pour it into popsicle molds!