Yields: 4 Servings Difficulty: Easy
This is an easy to put together dish that uses only a few ingredients!
- Place a large non-stick skillet with 2 tbsp ghee or butter over medium heat. Add the asparagus and season to taste. Saute the asparagus until crisp-tender, 4-6 minutes. Remove sauteed asparagus from the pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, add remaining 2 tablespoons butter or ghee and add shrimp. Season with salt and pepper, cooking shrimp 1-2 minutes on one side.
- Add the minced garlic, Italian seasoning, and onion powder to the shrimp. Stir to combine and flip the shrimp to cook on the opposite side. Cook shrimp for 1 minute then add 1/4 cup vegetable stock and Sriracha. Allow the sauce to reduce for 1 minute, making sure not to overcook the shrimp.
- Push the grilled shrimp on the side and add asparagus back to the pan. Stir asparagus to coat them into the sauce and squeeze half of a lemon over the top of the grilled shrimp and asparagus. Allow reheating for 1-2 minutes. Remove grilled shrimp and asparagus from heat, garnish with parsley, lemon slices, and red crushed chili pepper if you like. Serve your shrimp and asparagus immediately, enjoy!
- You can save time when cooking asparagus by blanching them first in boiling water for 2 minutes then soak in ice water to stop cooking. Then you can saute asparagus as per the recipe, but quicker to get asparagus crisp-tender.
- Try as much as possible to buy wild-caught shrimp. Look for medium to large-sized shrimp, because they tend to stay juicier.